Monday, September 17, 2012

Need Help


How Fit Can You Get

Ask Someone


Good Morning Readers,

I begin this blog today somewhat embarrassed and humbled. My wife, daughter and step daughter
pointed out to me over the weekend that although they find my blog interesting it is difficult to read at times. I went back and reviewed all of them for the first time this weekend. I was appalled by the bad grammar, misspellings, and words omitted. Similar to many of my readers, I needed help and I did not ask for it.

My wife suggested I write the blog in word and copy and paste. My daughter and step daughter both
offered to edit the blog before I posted it. All were gentle and supportive with their constructive criticisms
and it was helpful. I took their advice and I am now writing in word initially and sending it to my daughter
and step daughter for them to review. I believe it will be helpful since reading anything that is written
poorly is a strain no one needs.

I want to apologize to all and I am now following my own advice. Go and “Get Help” when you need it.
The trick is to recognize you need it and I did not. However, once confronted with this deficit, I listened
and responded in a positive and accepting manner. This is a challenge for all of us but as you can see my grammar and syntax are improving.


A majority of the people who attend the gym regularly do not have a clue just like when I began 26 years ago. They have no plan and as a result, wander around the gym aimlessly making little or no progress. This is not necessarily
their fault.  Although there are many resources for weight training, including other members of the gym, it can be intimidating and vulnerable to admit when we need help. However, the reality is... people with expertise, usually like to share information and may provide you with some ongoing support. Even now I ask questions when I see someone doing something new or differently than me and it usually enhances my performance.


Take a lesson from me and ask for help, or get a book, or video. It will improve your performance in
whatever endeavor you are undertaking. For me it was difficult to see the errors in my writing because
my mind knows what I mean and fills in the blank. Have someone take a look at your work(out) and
provide you with feedback. It may be hard to hear but it is even harder to make progress without the correct information.

More importantly, implement the new knowledge immediately and do not wait. The longer you wait
the less likely you are to use the information and more likely to forget or discard what could ultimately benefit your routine... and in the long run... YOU!  The fact that you are already moving is great and I applaud your efforts. Now let’s maximize your effort and produce the results you desire.

Go Get Help Now and when you get up and get moving you will see better results sooner. Have a great
day and effective workout.
   

             REMEMBER CHIT CHAT WON"T BURN FAT 

Jay

No comments: