Thursday, September 13, 2012

THAT WON'T BURN FAT EITHER

How Fit Can You Get

Build It And They Will Come

Good Evening Readers,
I went to the gym late tonight during the prime mating ritual that takes place at the gym and it motivated me to write again tonight. I usually avoid this time at the gym like the plague. It is a time when the gym is filled with testosterone and wrought with the possibility of a macho conflict. Last week, I went late and I was introduced to a young man who appeared very fit. I asked him to spot me on a set of skull crushers and he obliged me. Once I was doing the last set of five, he commented, "Good job for an old man".

I just looked at him and smiled and moved on to my next routine, with no verbal response. He also moved on to the flat bench next to where I was doing close grips for my triceps. He looked over and saw that I was doing more weight than he was doing with a regular bench press and shook his head. So tonight he was there and he kept watching everything I did moving over each time to see what amount of weight I was using. Amusing right, I certainly found it to be. There were several other males acting out and making sure they attracted my attention and each time, I was amused instead of aggravated.

So it inspired me to write about a few other things that won't burn fat.

1.      Flexing in the mirror won't burn fat and when you are not really where you think you are, you look ridiculous.
2.     Texting won't burn fat stay focused on your plan if you have one. If you do not you are wasting your time.
3.      DO NOT SIT on the equipment, talking to your friends on the phone and expect people to wait to use. If you encounter this ask the person to move. If you have not encountered this behavior, than it is you who is doing it
4.      If you want to learn, ask me for my help, advice whatever but do not hate. Use it as motivation to get better.
5.     Pay attention and do not assume anything, it may keep you from stick your foot in your mouth and embarrassing yourself. I got your old man.
6.     Do not let your friend's, and acquaintances stop you from reaching your goals. Give them a coke and smile and keep your work out moving. They want you to talk because they do not really want to work hard. Keep it moving.
7.     Get a plan or get some help. Wandering is not acceptable and interferes with the flow of those with a real plan. "Move Get Out of the Way"
8.     And last but not least, take it from an "Old Man", "BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME". Stop the inane and ridiculous attempts to pick up a mate. You get yourself right and it will take far less posing and save us all the time and effort of being embarrassed for you

Get up get moving and remember, 'CHIT CHAT WON'T BURN FAT"

Peace, I will talk to you tomorrow. Good luck and have a great evening and a great workout


No comments: