Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Coaching For Success

How Fit Can You Get
Is Required

As we go through life many of us try to do it on our own, and the reality is this is the American way. "Pull yourself up by your boot straps" is the quote I believe made famous by our republican party. And that may be fine for some, but when we venture into personally unfamiliar territory, we probably could use a coach.

I worked at Philadelphia. Dept. of Human Services, for over 26 and other places, and you may think I would know that. But ego is a powerful barrier to break through and it can be the biggest barrier to our success.

Going back, I can remember my coaches in sports. Most successful people have a coach. Someone to push, criticize, motivate and instruct them along the way. There are good ones and bad ones. Mike had a coach, Tiger has a coach, the Donald has a coach, Oprah has a coach, all successful people have one and these people are considered the greats of their industry.

In 1996, I was on the front line of DHS, and a woman from Kansas decided to be my coach and within 4 years I ascended to levels, I never dreamed. I was fortunate to interact with other leaders, and travel around the country as a Keynote speaker, presenter as far as London and Africa. In our first encounter, I stated that I could move from the corner to the boardroom without a hitch.

In my most transforming encounter with her, she asked me, "What do you want to be when you grow up". Understand she was Caucasian, from Kansas with a different lifestyle and several years younger than me. My ego jumped forward and I thought, Who the ____ is she talking too. But something in me said, wait a minute she may be for real. She was and she changed my life forever, for the better. She may blush and, I will not give her name but her initials are DLA. We stay in touch to this day

So be clear money is not the issue. It is a choice, spend money on rims, nails, liquor, hair, but you will pay someone. Make a choice pay, Doctors who treat symptoms and prescribe medicines that create a need for additional prescriptions or get a coach and get well. Whether it is me or someone else you will have to pay. The choice is what do you want, what are buying and is it helping to reach your goal, to be well or using the same strategy the street dealers use to get you addicted to Pharmaceuticals. Pay attention and awake to a real and dynamic lifestyle.

2 Videos that may help




Get up get moving and remember, "CHIT CHAT WON:T BURN FAT".

No comments: