Wednesday, April 9, 2014

EAT WELL LIVE WELL PRESENTS a HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE to

BREAD CRUMBS



Sometime ago I wrote and article about what was in a box of bread crumbs. I was curious because my wife was using this as a Healthy alternative to frying chicken. So I did a little research on what actually was in a typical box of bread crumbs and the results were simply amazing. There were 39 different ingredients in a box of bread crumbs when you probably bread crumbs were made out bread. So even though baking with bread crumbs clearly reduces the amount of fat intake, it also increases the amount of toxic chemicals that you consume. The link to that article is pasted below.

http://chitchatwontburnfat.blogspot.com/2012/11/red-that-label.html

I have ingested a bread crumb since I wrote that article but I needed find a substitute for the bread crumbs that contained far less ingredients and no artificial flavors or preservatives. The answer to my problem was Panko. It has natural ingredients, no additives or preservatives.

Wheat flour and although I am not a fan of the modern day genetically modified wheat, it is what you expect to be in a box of bread crumbs. However cooking with it took some practice. It burns at a lower temperature than bread crumbs and it sticks to the bottom of the pan at any temperature. 

I recommend you heat your oven to 300 degrees and coat the chicken or pork chop with egg whites before you attempt to coat them with the Panko. Season your Panko to your taste, dip the meat in the egg whites, then coat it with the seasoned Panko mix.

Now we still have not resolved the sticking to the pan have we? Today I used skewers to lift the chicken from the bottom of the pan. You just hang the skewers over the sides of the pan like so...


Cook for about 1 hour and as you may see there is nothing stuck to the bottom or the sides of the pan and you are leaving most the coating and parts of meat behind. It is a low fat meal with lots of flavor and crunchiness. 





I think you will enjoy it as well as improve your health with a Quick Nutritious and Delicious recipe with no additives. Remember if  you Eat Well, it is more likely you will Live Well.

#healthychoices #eatwelllivewell #healthyrecipes #eatclean #lowfat #healthyalternatives

No comments: