Monday, October 29, 2012

CARROTS MAY ENERGIZE


How Fit Can You Get

Brain and Body and Palate








Last week my wife told me about a dish she had seen in a restaurant recently. She said it was made with shredded carrots and mayonnaise similar to the way one may prepare tuna for a sandwich. I gave it some thought and initially I did not think it was something I wanted to try. Later while at a very nice produce store I purchased 3 lbs. of carrots, peppers and onions.  

When I returned home I used a small food processor to grind the carrots into small pieces. I chopped a small onion and a few red peppers into very small pieces as well and added them together in a medium size bowl. Note chop the onions and peppers by hand since the processor will liquefy them if you are not careful. I also recommend using a glass bowl because the carotene will stain a plastic bowl permanently. I added 3-4 tablespoons of mayonnaise, black pepper, minced garlic, salt, with raisins and sunflower seeds. Mix well with a cooking spoon and you are done.

When I tasted this new mix it exploded with a wonderful mix of flavors cascading around my mouth. I did not expect it and it caught me off guard. Not only was it delicious but it was energizing as well. My body felt charged as did my brain. This was a pleasant surprise and I was excited and wanted to immediately share it with my wife since it was her idea. 

Alas I had to wait for her to come home from work and it seemed like forever since I wanted to eat this super healthy and tasty meal. There is no meat, minimal fat with plenty of flavor for your palate and nutrients to heal your body after a long day at work.

Another great thing is it is also versatile. You may add other ingredients particularly naturally sweet fruits like pears or pineapples depending on your taste. I really recommend you try it with the variation that puts your mark on it and share with family and friends. They will love it.

Ingredients:
3 lbs
Carrot
4 oz.
Finely chopped onions
8 oz.
Finely chopped red pepper
1 tsp.
Salt
2 tsp.
Pepper
1 cup
Raisins
½ cup
Sunflower seeds
4 tbsp
Mayonnaise
1 tsp
Minced garlic

Directions:
1.  Use a food processor and grate the carrots into small pieces.
2.  Mix ingredients in bowl and stir until well mixed.
3.  Sit down and enjoy or share with friends and family

This is also a time friendly recipe as it took less than 30 minutes to prepare and the cleanup is easy and quick as well. There is almost no fat and it is nutrient rich providing a high powered fuel to propel you through the rest of your day. Eat this for lunch and that 3:00 p.m. energy melt down will be history. So Get Up Get Moving and Get Healthy and remember,

CHIT CHAT WON’T BURN FAT

No comments: