Thursday, July 3, 2014

NO MORE EATING


    MEAT



I am embarking on a new phase in my life that I am committed to. After watching, Food Inc, Beautiful Truth, Forks over Knives and a few other films I am convinced that the Food Industry, FDA, USDA, ADA and AMA Monsanto, Dow, Dupont and Bayer are all involved in a massive money making conspiracy that has many of us "FAT SICK and NEARLY DEAD." Yes I watched that as well.

Much of the information I was already aware of but my commitment to myself is solidified by viewing these films and taking in the information they had to offer. I know many of you do not want to hear it but you really need to take a look at what you are eating. Much of it is not real food as it is manipulated, radiated, and treated with chemicals while also substituting artificial flavors that are purposely addictive.

My goal is to minimize the opportunities for the medical industry to get hold of me or you. Information is power and to ignore it is foolish. I am transitioning from an omnivore to a herbivore and I am convinced it will result in better health and higher energy levels. For the past 2 weeks I have reduced the amount of meat/flesh I eat to once per day and in a very moderate amount.

Already the chronic stomach issues I have experienced over the last five years are waning and my energy level is increasing. It has not affected my ability to work out and I am still making gains in strength. I am going to produce a daily journal as well as juicing and blending techniques, and recipes that I find to be delicious. I also hope it will have a positive effect on the chronic illness BP that has negatively impacted my health by causing constant itching.


So Monday, 6/23/2014 was the first full day without any meat product fresh or processed. I feel pretty good and I have learned a couple of things. One it does take some level of preparation with your vegetables and fruits. If you buy enough to last for a week or more you must have some way to store it so that it does not spoil. So Sunday evening this is what I did. I cut, chopped and froze fruits and vegetables for the week. I also juiced some things that will serve as the base for my smoothies. The juice from the carrots, celery, broccoli and spinach are real good as a base. Additionally, I was able to use the byproduct from the carrots and broccoli for other dishes. So now you are prepared and able to prepare another dish without much work.

One of the assumptions I made was that this juicing and eating only vegetables would cause immediate evacuation of all the crap that is probably in my colon. I have never had a colonic so I am sure their are years and  years of built up waste. I am sure it will move out soon but it has not been immediate. So if there are a few of you out there who expect immediate relief, be aware it may not be that easy. It took years to get it in there and it may take some time to get it out.

I am not sure if this is my imagination but my skin actually feels better. There is a little less itch and inflammation and this is only the morning of day 3. I sure hope it continues as I am sure there are some more surprises ahead on this journey.

When I originally began writing this I really thought I'd have something to add on a daily basis but I did not so I did not write. However as this progresses I can note that after a little over a week with primarily juices from fresh vegetables as sustenance I feel great. My energy is high, and my strength and conditioning continue to progress. The jury is still out on the auto immune disease that degrades my skin as I continue to itch but there is something different. So we will wait and see.

Remember Chit Chat Won't Burn Fat get up get moving and do something to improve your health.





No comments: